21 years old – this used to be (and in some religions/countries still is) the age when a young person became an adult – aka came of age. A real ‘milestone’ as it were – a biggie; a special birthday, a jubilee…
Well guess who turned from being a minor into an adult just the other day?…
You guessed right: KL!
And a KL b-day – as probably everyone knows by now – means it’s time to party: with a capital ‘P’. All we needed was good weather to allow the party to really rock. Well this year we were in luck:
A monster b-day blowout, in addition to the good weather also needs a monster venue. Check!
What else is needed? I could list the ingredients; showing you the pics thereof is a lot more satisfying:
Yes, as you can see this year our bash went off big time – as per tradition a little bigger and crazier than the previous year. But this year – we’re 21 already! Able to vote, drink alcohol, have sex, watch adult movies, and so on. Accordingly plenty of… voting and alcohol consumption was witnessed last Friday :). But all within appropriate limits of decency and decorum because, of course, with coming of age one becomes fully legally liable for ones actions too. No worries there though: every KLer I know has their head screwed on right and doesn’t do anything (too!) debauched! It’s just what we do best: work hard and play hard!
Ok, you’ve seen the pics, and I’ve told you about the significance of 21. Now – for the all important highlights of the shindig stats:
- 50 inflatable unicorns and 20 inflatable ducks were delivered to the party – and all were used heavily throughout the whole day for splash-frolics in the lake – perhaps a final gesture for some in finally seeing off adolescence;
- 20 meters of hair braids woven;
- 36 kilometers (total) of inflatable obstacle course covered by masochistic KLers;
- Almost 100 KLers watched an adult movie Terminator 2;
- 1360 burgers bolted down;
- 4000 ice creams ingested;
- 16,000 portions of noodles noshed;
- 210kg of hachapuri throat-hurled;
- 5 tons (TONS!) of other tasty treats taken in nourishment;
- And as regards the volume of drinks… no, I don’t want to upset any moms out there :). Ok, go on then, just one figure – pivo (beer): 2600 liters thereof put away!
- A mere 25 KLers turned up for the dawn-after yoga session :).
Of course there were also the obligatory KL shows – live ones (no lip-synching here), involving a full 92 KLers! Singing, dancing, pink hare, humbug leggings, raps, riffs, solos… and the words ‘GDPR’ and ‘Confluence’.
Nightfall didn’t spoil the fun – it just made more of it! Stars, dusk, and rock’n’roll and all that…
And to top it all off, konechno – fireworks!
So there we have it folks. KL: all dressed up, all grown up, and it real did go!
And now I really must go – very far away on vacation. About which – as per tradition – you’ll be hearing in installments some time soon…
Cheers, cin cin, proost, prost, salud, santé, skål… and of course na zdoroviye folks! And one last time: Happy Birthday to Us!
All the b-day pics are here.